How Can Natural Gas Upgrades Improve Your Efficiency?
We offer prescriptive natural gas measures and work in tandem with our local mechanical contractors to provide all available upgrades and replacement equipment that your facility requires. Our goal is to improve your energy efficiency and lower your bottom line.
Energy Management Systems Offered by AEG
All of the measures below are proposed when there is an opportunity to include them in one of our comprehensive projects:
- Pre-rinse spray valves are common in commercial kitchen facilities. Since they are frequently used to rely on natural gas, a high efficiency spray valve upgrade can greatly lower costs.
- Faucet aerators and low-flow shower heads are similar measures we can implement to control water flow and save on natural gas.
- Programmable thermostats are Wi-Fi enabled devices that automatically adjust heating and cooling temperature settings in your facility to ensure peak performance. With more control, you can ensure improved energy efficiency.
- Boiler reset controls enable increased comfort based on the time of year. A device automatically controls water temperature based on a software program measuring the temperature outside. This means water can run a little cooler in the fall and spring and a little hotter during the winter, and this small difference can save a ton on natural gas expenses.
Improved Insulation Measures
Replacing and upgrading insulation is another important method to improve your facility’s efficiency, and this can be done in multiple ways:
- Pipe insulation will keep the water in your pipes hot until you’re ready to use it, so you don’t need to waste natural gas heating it multiple times.
- Duct sealing and insulation will protect your entire building’s envelope from leaking heat.